Finishes

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Infinity Scarf

A friend went to DC Stitch and bought yarn to make their Infinity Scarf. She bought a couple of skeins of Alp Light in beautiful autumn shades. She used about 1-1/2 skeins for her scarf and it's lovely. Using the verbal instructions she got from the shop, I used a heavier yarn and made one for myself. It was huge!!! It was literally double the length it should've been. (Note to self: Gauge is important!)

Although I hate the idea of ripping out, a few days later I bit the bullet and ripped out the entire scarf. Yesterday I cast on half the amount of stitches and hoped for the best. This morning I stitched the last 1-1/2" and bound it off. Drum roll, please! It worked! It was the perfect length. It's supposed to be a circle and go around your next twice. YEA!!!! Cue the Happy Dance!

On size 10-1/2, 29" circular needles I cast on 150 stitches and knit in the round for 8". Bind off. Wrap around neck twice and enjoy! By the way: my gauge was 2-1/2 stitches per inch. :)

The Stitch DC website has an Infinity Scarf pattern that's a bit different and uses a much lighter weight yarn. It's gorgeous!

No comments: