Finishes

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Little House Needlearts kit Americana Sampling

I finished this the other day! Hooray! I started it back in 2005 when it was released, put it aside until I decided on New Year's to work on WIPs more often in 2008. This was handy and a week later....Done!!

Little House Needleworks Americana Sampling (kit) Finished on Jan 8, 2008

I like where I decided to put my initials. I feel that it's subtle yet keeping with the flow of the piece.

I took it to Michaels today for framing. Gotta take advantage of the 60% off sale while it's going on. Picked out a nice cherry frame that compliments the piece in tone. The same framer was there and waited on me. We got along very well today! She didn't push the mats on me after I told her just want a frame for it. Excellent; I am pleased. Turns out she's the manager of the framing department.

The manager of the framing department of a similar shop that's now out of business had a terrible framing manager. She was terrible as a manager and did terrible framing. Crooked mats were her strong suit! I overheard her talking to one of her staff as I was coming in to pick up a piece. She was telling him that it looked "good enough" and the customer would never notice it wasn't framed straight!!! I never brought another piece to that framer.

3 comments:

Tracey said...

It's really pretty Jane, please post when it's framed too! I bet the cherry frame will be gorgeous.
Tracey
(SMO board)

Annemiek said...

Way to go Jane, one UFO down, and no I'm not going to ask how many more to go LOL.
Do show a picture when it's framed, sounds like you picked a perfect frame for it.

Melissa said...

Gorgeous piece!! Congrats. :)

Melissa