Finishes

Friday, August 3, 2007

WAHOOOOO!!!! I FINISHED!!!!

I'm so excited that I finished Nathan's Sampler a Bernat kit I bought brand-new-out-of-the-box in 1984 and started that night. I finished it on August 1, 2007 after working on it every summer (plus odd times in between) since 1984.

I'm amused by the back of the piece. I started cross stitching in 1980 so I was still relatively new to it in 1984. Now, 23 years later, I'm quite accomplished at many counted thread stitches and "expert" at cross stitch. ;) I had some cherries and stems left to do and I did them as I would do any isolated stitching by tying the threads off after each motif and not dragging the DARK RED and DARK GREEN threads from one cherry to the next. However, back in 1984 or so I was not fettered by such constraints! LOL Drag-drag-drag away! I considered "fixing" them, but it is visual proof of my journey in stitching, even if I'm the only one who knows after it's framed.

I'd show a picture, but webshots wasn't uploading pics quickly last night. I'll try again this weekend. In the meantime, here's a link: http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4026843&a=32420222&p=75751214

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! That is an inspiration to all of us with elderly UFOs. This is a lovely pattern, especially the many colored border.