Finishes

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Green, green, green...it's not easy stitching green

With apologies to Kermit the Frog! LOL I've been working on Mosey 'n Me's Costume-What Costume? design of a green-faced witch and it's taking FOR-ever! Green, green, green! Thank goodness it's a rather lime shade of green and not a sick-green. Her face is almost 4 inches square. At least she has a huge turquoise nose so it's not all green. I'm so looking forward to stitching her dress. It has lots of different bright colors. Her charm (which I was smart enough to buy when the pattern was released) is of Frank as Frankenstein's Monster.

I'd like to get it done in the next 2 weeks so I can take advantage of the framing sale at Joann's Fabrics ETC: 60% off! It's a great deal, especially if the project is on the small side and the frame is not very expensive. I'd like a shiny black metal frame for this witch.

My stitching plan, now don't hold me to it, is to stitch some of the patterns I've had for ages. If I've liked them this long then I can feel confident I'll like it stitched and on the walls. The Mosey 'n Me I'm doing fits this category. I have a ton of Bent Creek, Trilogy, Brightneedle, needlerolls, SanMan, Drawn Thread, Prairie Schooler, Chatelaine, Shepherd's Bush and Long Dog (just to name a few) that I would love to finish. Many of the designs are kitted up already just waiting for me to get around to them. If I were smart, I'd make a list of fair categories and stitch for the different classes rather than several of the same theme. Sounds like a great idea for a lunchtime project!

No comments: