Finishes

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Recent finishes

I finished the cute Pink Heart by Heart in Hand on the 4th of July. Usually I like to do a patriotic piece and start in June so I can get it done in time. No luck this year and I wasn't fond of any of the patriotic pieces I owned. So here's Pink Heart:
Heart in Hand Pink Heart
I also finished another piece using the Crescent Colours palette. It looks completely different from the previous piece. I added Blueberry Tart to the palette so I could do this piece. It's My Pink House from the Blackbird Designs' book With Needle & Thread.
Blackbird Designs My Pink House I really like this and want to stitch the full sampler that uses these same motifs...just not yet! LOL

I also thought I'd share this Black Star Design that I made into a candy pouch for a Halloween exchange in 2006. I was very pleased how it turned out! Here is All Hallow's Eve:
black star designs all hallow's eve made as bag oct 14 2006

Now I'm working on a kit from Germany that I picked up at last year's stitching festival in Hershey, PA. It uses a thick cotton thread from Denmark and I'm missing a color. Normally I'd contact the company, but since this is overseas and it looks like they provided plenty of extra threads in the other colors, I'll just punt and use one of those instead. If I didn't tell you, you'd never know the difference! ;)

No comments: