Finishes

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Done in a week!

I finished stitching two pieces since last weekend. If I wasn't on the computer, I'd be finishing my 3rd item! The first is a kit I picked up at the Stitching Festival in Hershey, PA a couple of years ago. Thank goodness they had a model or I never would have selected it based on the kit photo. Here is the kit I picked up at Scandanavian Stitches (also dot com)
Bahmann kit Katzenfamilie The fabric was wonderful! A nice hefty linen so it worked nicely in hand. The thread is Danish flower thread. A joy to work with...it'd been a long time since I last used some.

My next finish was a belated 4th of July piece. I like to start something in June of every year for the 4th of July, but this year I just didn't find something I was in the mood to stitch. I found it later the weekend following the 4th. Columbine Designs Firecracker Needleroll This Firecracker Needleroll is by Columbine Designs. I have almost all of her needleroll kits, but had not stitched them before. I was not impressed with the instructions on how to do some of the stitches. One was so poorly written IMHO that I didn't even recognize it until 3 DAYS after I stitched it as one of my favorite patterns on Shepherd's Bush (SB) band samplers! I won't say I stitched it wrong because I followed the instructions as written. But I will say it's not as intended or as pretty as it could have been, but life's too short to rip out. LOL

No comments: