Finishes

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

SB Sail Away is at the framer's

The customized custom mats arrived from Jill Rensel last Thursday and I took the piece to Kensington Framer's to be framed on Saturday. They had a beautiful champaign colored frame with a tiny bit of scrolling that echoed the scrolling of the flowers and vines at the top and bottom of the mat. Best part is that they can frame it in only one week! I want to enter it in the state fair before everyone stitches and enters it.

This shop is my ace-in-the-hole! I've always found the perfect frame here and they do a terrific job with the needlework. I also like looking at the gallery art they have available for sale. One day.....

While at the framers I saw a beautiful frame that looked like peacock feathers caught beneath a gold grid. Breathtakingly beautiful! The framer said it was the most expensive frame in his shop (8" x 10" ~ $116.0). Isn't it always the most expensive thing that catches our eye? I am looking for a piece to stitch for that frame. (I'll eat beans and hot dogs to afford the frame! LOL LOL)

I contacted a LNS first to see if they could frame my piece in time for the fair held later this month. NOT! Why didn't it occur to me that everyone else would be doing the same thing, too?? And they were all thinking of this LAST month. :)

I'm still stitching on the 3rd of the 4 Round Robins I received a few months ago. I'm on the home stretch and made the last design decision last night. Grass always takes longer to stitch than I think it will. At least I've already pulled a couple of possibilities for the 4th RR. :)

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Oh wow, I can't believe your done with Sail Away. I love that piece. Can't wait to see the framed one.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if you got my comment on your other "Sail Away" post but I was hoping that if you were done with this piece if I could purchase just the chart from you even as a loaner to be returned to you when finished in same condition.