Finishes

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Storing my stitching

If you read the Legacy bb on Yuku.com, then you may have already seen this.

I use just about all the methods mentioned and I still can't find anything easily! LOL I use binders with sheet protectors for designers. I'll put the buttons, charms, fibers and fabric in with the pattern, but the fabric is inside the chart and the floss is at the back of the chart so they are separated (didn't even think the fiber could bleed onto the fabric!!!!). I saw a $50 piece of fabric yesterday in a shopping bag that I have no idea what it's for. I hope it occurs to me! I had to have had something very specific and special in mind to spend that kind of money on fabric.

Projects I've started (and there are very, very many) graduate to 2.5 gallon zippered plastic bags. Projects I want to stitch soon, but am still gathering supplies go in the 2.5 gallon baggies and placed in a specific tote bag. All my Drawn Thread is in two Millennium-themed tote bags. I have an old chest of drawers and one drawer is Bent Creek, another is Heart in Hand, and another is needlerolls. I can't remember what's in the other two drawers!

Shepherd's Bush is in clear plastic files totes and Xerox paper boxes. These are organized by books, small kits, needlerolls, shop exclusives, medium kits, and large kits. The SB attitudes series is in a tote bag with the fabric kits to complete the hanging pillows.

I have a couple of the 7-drawer rolling craft carts that were discussed here a couple of years ago (Target carried them). My BC snappervilles are in one drawer, needlepunch in another, the freebie patterns you get for buying the JABCo buttons (kooky days and now the teapot series) are in yet another drawer. I have some Halloween, fabrics, LHN/CCN and other smaller designs stored there, too.

I have Xerox boxes (labeled) with samplers, holidays, kitted medium, kitted large, and magazines. Most of the stuff in the Xerox boxes are older charts from when I moved 14 years ago.

I'd like more time, please, to stitch. And, perhaps, too, a faster needle. That will take care of most of my stitching storage "problems". ;)

No comments: