Finishes

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Started CHS Shores of Hawk Run Hollow

I'd pre-ordered the chart and fabric (32 ct) from Drema at Needlecraft Corner. Then, when Kathy released the list of fibers needed I placed an order from Drema for the silk (mostly because she had the NPS silk on sale!). I put in my first 20 stitches (thereby claiming the piece as mine) on Tuesday, February 19, 2008. I'm so excited by it. I'm using one strand of silk on the 32 ct linen. I'm starting in the upper left corner with the lighthouse.

Because Bunny Parade and The Big Zipper call for tons of boring border stitching I did NOT start with the boring black border for my square. I will come back to it.

I have to use my magnifier to see the threads of the fabric at night. Even though I use an Ott Light (love it!!) 32 ct is getting harder to see. Maybe it's the weave. I don't have this much difficulty on all 32 count fabric.

No comments: