Finishes

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

So much new stuff; too much old stuff

Rhetorical question: Why are there always so many new charts and kits to get and too much old stuff not stitched?

Shepherd's Bush now has a Green Snowman kit. Not that I've stitched (or started!) the Red Snowman kit. I like the Green Snowman better. I've started Scatter Smiles, but can't stick with it. I have Scatter Hearts and Scatter Eggs, the buttons and the backing fabric, but haven't started yet. I'm trying to finish things that I've started this year.

I was going to make a list of "Things I Hope to Finish Before 2010", but it would be too long, I'd keep adding to it and it would have 200 - 300 items on it! Still, it might be interesting.

I've had kitted up the Cross Eyed Cricket's spring/Easter eggs chart book: Soft Boiled. I like them all! See it here: http://www.hoffmandis.com/detail.cfm?ProductID=07-1328&start=91&image=07-1328.jpg&ProductName=Soft%20Boiled&DesignerName=Cross%20Eyed%20Cricket%2C%20Inc%2E&SubcatID=&DesignerID=CEC&Keyword=&prodlist=des&desrefine=&CatID= I bought the fabric at the time I bought the book while at In Stitches in Alexandria, VA last year. I started them this weekend after seeing them stitched by a friend of mine. I took a page out of her book and I started with the ones I don't like as much. So far the chick and the butterfly are done. I started the bunny last night and made great headway. It'll be nice to have some things done for Easter.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yup, stash can get overwhelming. When I was making up my 2008 Goals list I was stunned to see all the things that I left OFF the list. But I stitched pretty steadily during 2007 and I know how much I will probably do in a year. What I did was make a list of nine primary goals and three extra credit goals. Does this mean that I will only stitch things on my goals list? Nope, I already started something not on the list, but it will help me decide what to stitch next when I need a new start (or what WiP to work on next).