Finishes

Monday, August 2, 2010

This and that

On Saturday I saw the matinee of The Savannah Disputation. Very funny! We laughed starting at the first sentences through to the end. I highly recommend it!

I finished the second flavor of my knitted ice cream cone - strawberry. Rocky Road was the bottom scoop; strawberry the top scoop. I hope it gets a ribbon!

I finished the February bee-of-the-month with the heart wings. Just need to add the JABC heart buttons.

I bought Olga cross stitch chart by Plum Street Samplers. The cross stitch shop says there's a correction on the website: not meant to be done over one thread. Not like that was going to happen!! LOL I bought 28 count. I substituted WDW Kohl for the CC Blackbird since the shop's been out of it for the last couple of months. (At least the last couple of times I've been in the shop!)

The Simon & Schuster book package arrived on Friday with 3 books. I've started two of them: Sea Escape and Hollywood Savage. They are very different in style. I like both, but Hollywood Savage is harder to read since I don't care for the "voice" of the main character. I am interested in how he resolves his issues.

I finally found a pattern for the crayon box yarn I bought at the Waynesburg, PA sheep and fiber festival last May. It's a cool vest in a knitting magazine I picked up at Joann's yesterday. (I'd tell you which magazine, but I don't have it with me!) I bought two skeins of black fuzzy yarn at Joann's to be the accent. The vest is 1/2 stripes and 1/2 chevrons. It's made using several colors with the black in between, but the melted crayon box yarn gives a similar effect.

On Thursday I plan to enter the yo-yo egg, bird nest pin cushion and the crochet cornucopia at the first county fair.

Next week I have a needleroll, a sampler, a saying (chickens and motives), the February bee, knitted ice cream cone, crocheted coral reef (still to make) to enter. The bee still has to be framed, but I bought the frame, foam core and more pins yesterday.

.

No comments: