Finishes

Monday, August 23, 2010

My crochet coral reef was a contender!

I'm so tickled! It won a first place ribbon and then they told me it was under consideration for a purple ribbon, too!!! I wish it had gotten it, but it was all made in single crochet and the piece that won used more complicated stitches.

I picked up my entries yesterday and I've disassembled the reef, tagged everything and put it all in big zipper bags. Just need to mail them off (after taking pictures, counting and scanning them!).

This morning I found another reef piece I'd started!! This one is in white and is for the bleached reef. I'm thinking about mailing the pieces tomorrow to the Smithsonian and I find another piece to finish. Gee whiz!! I'm going to have to stitch fast!! Maybe I'll send some of it off tomorrow and put this in the last batch. That'll give me all week to crochet on it.

Everything I entered in the fair (as well as the last fair) won a ribbon. Batting
.100 so far! The state fair (entries due tomorrow) is always hit or miss for me. No way of telling how things will do. I'm working on a mallard on perforated paper that will be a magnet. I need to finish putting the beads on at lunch today. Not a problem! :) I can make it into a magnet at home. It can go in the state fair and the community fair before being given away as a birthday gift.

.

No comments: