Finishes

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

New finish: Alphabet Pumpkin, new start, movie

I finished JBW's Alphabet Pumpkin recently. What fun! I used DMC 4130. I like that it's for fall. I have so few things stitched for fall.

JBW Alphabet Pumpkin Sept 2009

I used my 10% off everything coupon at Joann Fabrics today. I also used a 50% off coupon on a new cookbook. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't a cookbook that was 1-1/2" thick!

Butter cookbook

It has standard recipes and of course uses butter in all of them. There's a recipe for Eggnog coffee cake. That could be interesting. And one for a chocolate chunk chocolate cookie with peppermint candy cane bits. Now that sounds yummy and seasonal! I love looking through a new cookbook, bookmarking potential recipes to try.

I picked up DMC for the Jim Shore 12 Days of Christmas. I won't be stitching the gold border and I'll be making them into ornaments. I've started with number 5 - the rings. It's not my favorite. I like the swan and partridge the best. The drummer, maid and goose are next and the others just kind of fill up the middle. Since the chart is by Mill Hill there are beads to attach. I hope that Stitching Bits and Bobs will have a Thanksgiving sale so I can order them. Not that I'll need them that quickly! LOL

Anyone planning to see the movie 2012? I'm planning to see it Saturday. Big question: Why does the Aztec calendar end in 2012? End of the world or a simple, non-related reason? Things that make you go "Hmmmmmmmm."

No comments: