Finishes

Monday, August 3, 2009

Victoria Sampler's Mermaid Song

Last week fabric was in stock so I signed up for this cyberclass that will start in September. I love the colors on this! I need to stitch things that are not to be framed and this is perfect.

I started a piece this weekend and I can't remember who designed it! Homespun Samplar? Something like that. It's all backstitch or double-running and I'm 1/4 of the way done. It only used 5 colors of GAST. "All Creatures Great and Small" might be the title. I already know that I want to frame it in a narrow gold frame, no matting. I have a 60% discount coupon for Joann's that I can use if I get it done in a month.

I've pre-ordered the new Just Nan tin with the witch's hat on top!!!! As soon as I ordered it I thought to print off a copy, but the picture was gone! Did I get the last one available from that shop?? Maybe....!

I have ordered sight unseen the Nora flower design in the latest issue of a cross stitch magazine. I've since found out that it's a sunflower and drop dead gorgeous. This might go in my kitchen since I like sunflowers and have them there.

Also ordered sight unseen (and mentioned for the third post in a row) the Blackbird Designs Halloween stocking book, fabbie and threads. I can't wait!!!! I wonder which one I'll stitch first? A dear friend of mine when stitching a series will stitch the ones she doesn't like first so that she finishes with her favorites. I tried that once and never got the first one done! LOL Maybe I'll mix it up a little. Silly me! What am I thinking? I'm going to like them ALL!! :)

1 comment:

KIM said...

Hi--
You don't know me but I am searching for the Victoria Sampler Mermaid Song. I was too late by the time I saved up the money to purchase the pattern and supplies & I was wondering that if you hear of someone who purchased it but would like to sell it because they won't be stitching it could you please send them my way? I just love this pattern.
Thank you so much for your time!
Kim

kimberlyrak@yahoo.com