Finishes

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Started Nora's Sunflower Fairy

Valdani threads are interesting to work with since they are 3-ply, but the design calls for 2 plies. What do you do with the other ply?? I use Floss-Away bags so I've been rolling the extra ply into a coil and putting it in the bag. Maybe I can mix the strands later. Who knows?

I'm done with the green part of her dress. It's going quickly and I like the colors, but I loathe color charts. At least I'll have a fantasy piece to enter in the fairs next year. Maybe I'll have Jill Rensel frame it with a special mat. Gotta stitch it first! LOL

I'm reading an advance reading copy of Lisa Tucker's "The Promised World." I like the flow of the story and the word choice. I'm curious to find out what's behind the lies the twins have been sharing for decades. It's my main book although I wish I wasn't so into it so I could keep reading "Julie & Julia". Only so much time in the day.

No comments: