Finishes

Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!!!!!!!

The elevators where I work did not make it into the new year in working condition. It's due to the programming. We're experiencing what I call "Y2K + 9". ROFLMEO They have to have an operator stationed in each elevator to take you to your floor. I remember when the department stores would have elevator operators that would close the door to the floor then close the door to the elevator and take you to the floor you wanted. "5th floor housewares." There was a big wheel handle that allowed the operator to make adjustments so the elevator floor and the store floor matched. In the 1950's it was always a woman operator. Equal opportunity for elevator operators has been achieved!! The elevator was literally manned! ;)

I finished a LOT of items while home, but ran out of room in the computer for scanning pics of the finishes. Boo hoo! I'll have to work on that whenever I can pull together some extra minutes.

My finishes include:
Balloon Woman by Tina Richards (ready to pick up at framer)
Cherish Sampler by Shepherd's Bush
Cherish Sampler bracelet by Shepherd's Bush
Christmas sheep necklace by Shepherd's Bush
Eccentric needlepoint
Wanda Witch by Shepherd's Bush
Welcome Bellpull by Calico Crossroads
June Be Cool by Pine Mtn Designs
Nativity Globe (without the globe so I can make it an ornie) by Bent Creek
Blackbird House by Bent Creek
fall freebie
Is It Too Late? by Lizzie Kate
2005 Sampler Ornament: Oh Holy Night by Homespun Elegance


I also started a couple of things:
3 wise men needlepoint kit by Bucilla that I've owned AT LEAST since 1985
Teresa Laymen knotted sheep necklace (I love making French knots!) started 12/31/08
Rose Garden Sampler from Cross Stitch & Country Crafts magazine (if I'm remembering it right)
Dimensions crane needlepoint kit with sunset background
Band Sampler by ??? using Caron Waterlilies Java started on 1/1/09


My unofficial New Year's Resolutions (because if I make them official, I'll never stick with it) is to:
1 - not buy cross stitch every month
2 - stitch on stuff I already have

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow, that is quite an impressive list of finishes! Good luck keeping your resolutions. YOu know, I have more stuff than I'll ever be able to stitch, but I have learned to buy something I like because some of the things I didn't buy were discontinued!! I have so much--I need a trade list or something!

Melissa said...

Congrats on your finishes! I really enjoy your blog you stitch such a nice variety. :)

Melissa