Finishes

Friday, January 16, 2009

4 Day weekend!!

I'll be back to work next Wednesday! The weekend, MLK Holiday and my employer has given us off on Inauguration Day. I hope to get a lot of stitching and/or finishing done. I'd like to clear out a couple of boxes in my closet, too. Tomorrow I'm going to see Mall Cop (I think that's the title) at the theater with the good popcorn. I like my popcorn with butter added in the middle and on top, but the serving size is so large I'm going to bring a large Hefty zippered bag to keep what I don't eat both fresh and from leaking butter all over everything.

I finished my Sheepish Grin knotted sheep pendant by Teresa Layman yesterday. It looks great! The back plate wouldn't snap in so I used the E6000 to glue it in place. Just need to get a chain from Michaels and it'll be ready to wear! I enjoyed the colonial and French knots, but I'm not sure I want to buy the bee design right away.

I have my acorn retreat piece to assemble so I might use my new simple White sewing machine to do it. Maybe I should do an ornament first to test out the machine before working on a lovely piece.

Do you have a Trader Joe's grocery store near you? I finally went yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by the variety. I picked up a package of burgundy beef (delicious) and a bag of frozen roasted potatoes (really yummy). They even had ears of corn that reminded me of the peak of summer goodness. I'll definitely go back. A friend tells me there's a larger store in the area. I'll have to check that one out, too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, Trader Joe's. When a friend visited her daughter in Texas she HAD to bring back TJ goodies. We have been addicted to them for years. I love their mini biscotti and the swiss almond cookies. There are bunches of frozen things and sauces that are better than anything in regular stores. Their cheese selections are good, too. Have fun exploring!

Tammy said...

I want to see Mall Cop too, lol. It looks absolutely hilarious!