Finishes

Friday, September 7, 2007

Another needlepoint finish

needlepoint crab Maryland design

This cute crab is by Ewenique. I used the metallic to suggest the sparkling water of the Chesapeake Bay for the Maryland crab. That's the Maryland state flag used for its design.

The ANG was meeting in Baltimore at the end of August and a LNS (located just outside Baltimore) was stocking extra needlepoint canvases in anticipation. I bought the crab about 3 weeks ago before the ANG attendees arrived in town and then selected the threads during Labor Day Weekend. I finished it Thursday morning. So quick and so fun. I'm thinking about using it in a box lid, but it's probably safer framed. (Safer from the cats, that is!)

I probably should pull a canvas from my stash of a bird-of-paradise. I've had it nearly 20 years! I think it even has a stitch guide. As I'm thinking of it, I have a Xerox paper box of needlepoint kits. And somewhere I have a Bernat kit of a harbor to be done in half cross using floss. And whatever happened to the Aesop's Fables crewel kit????? Hmmmm..... after my errands tomorrow I may go stash diving and see what I come up with. That'd be fun for me and it'll amuse the cats. I won't have time on Sunday since I'll be photo judging at the Frederick fair most of the day and watching the tractor pull and picking my entries up from the Damascus Community Fair. (Seeing how my entries did is one of my errands for tomorrow.)

Tomorrow evening I'll pick up the Round Robin (RR) I have and make some good progress on it.

No comments: