Finishes

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

WE HAVE A HOBBY LOBBY!!!!!!!

(requires shouting it from rooftops, but from the blog will have to suffice)

Not that we lack craft stores in this area. There's Joann's Fabrics, Michaels and A.C. Moore nearby, but NONE of them is a HOBBY LOBBY!!!!!

I just love Hobby Lobby. The last two vacations I took were in the vicinity of a Hobby Lobby. Coincidence? Why, yes. Yes, it was................not! teehee I like the mix of fabric, finished knick knacks, frames, mat board, ready-made frames, and cross stitch. Not to mention the wonderful Christmas area (ornaments, swags, ornaments, wreaths, ornaments). I saw a wonderful Santa-in-a-sleigh-with-a-reindeer glass (drats!) ornament. As long as I have goofy cats (and aren't they all?) I'm staying away from glass ornaments. Every year it's a bet on not whether the tree will be toppled by a cat(s), but how many times the tree will be toppled. (My guess is three times this year.)

But here's the funny part. The first HL I was in I spent over $300 in less than half an hour. The next two times were similar, but took longer to fill the cart and not quite as much spent. The last time was around $80. This time I walked around, browsed, picked up things and didn't buy ANYTHING. How bizarre is that?!

I do have to say that the guy behind the custom framing counter couldn't have been more bored if he tried. That was quite a bit off-putting. If (see, I'm already saying "if" instead of "when") I go to get something custom framed and I get attitude, I'll take my pieces to Joann's or Michaels who both do terrific framing jobs. AND I'll have to mention it to the manager.

But back to the important bit: there's a Hobby Lobby nearby!!!!! :)

.

No comments: