Finishes

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving in Ocean City

What fun! We spent four days at the beach. Temperatures were in the low 70's (very warm for the last full week in November for this area). I didn't need a sweater and wished I'd worn short sleeves. In a touch of irony the reason I go to the beach off season is because I sunburn so easily. That was why I couldn't believe it that first night back at the hotel when looking in the mirror: I had a light sunburn! SIGH.

I treated myself to a couple of new charts and the supplies at Salty Yarns. I bought yarn for a scarf I want to make at Sea Needles in Bethany Beach. I visited the Christmas Store in Rehobeth Beach and bought a few cat-proof ornies. Used my restaurant.com certificates at 2 separate restaurants. Found quite a few places serving a good breakfast (Decatur Diner in West Ocean City, Dough Roller and Dumser's). Went into a Marshall's for the first time since 1977! Bought a pink sweater and a copper covered Sugar Maple leaf (sold as an ornament, but I put it on a necklace like the ones I saw at the Sugarloaf Craft Festival last weekend). Have to add that I saved $90 by finding the leaf at Marshalls. The Spinning Wheel in Fenwick Island, DE was gone. I always found something there to purchase.

Thanksgiving dinner was at The Victorian Room at the Dunes Manor Hotel. Delicious! We knew it would be because we were there for Thanksgiving three years ago. They served a wonderful cinnamon muffin then and this time an orange (?) flavored corn muffin. Very tasty! The turkey, dressing and veggies were yummy!

The Winterfest of Lights was wonderful! Seems to be more on display this year. No lines to speak of because we went on Wednesday before Thanksgiving rather than the Friday after Thanksgiving (3 years ago). I like that the boardwalk tram takes everyone around the park at 123rd Street. The only negative was the flavor of the hot chocolate (without marshmallows). Yuck!

If I'd known beforehand, I'd have planned to go on the artist open house tour on Friday. I must remember to look up the work on John Donato of Bethany. Very whimsical.
.

1 comment:

Long and Foster said...

Ocean City is an awesome place, no better time there than the holidays. Great post!