Finishes

Monday, July 12, 2010

Errors on Hinzeit Halloween Sprouts chart

I hate it when there are errors in the color key and I hate it when there errors in the chart. So I doubly hate the Halloween Sprouts chart!!! In the witch section, the out line of the witch is with a symbol that is not on the key. I have assumed (and by looking at the picture of the finished piece on the cover) that it is black. So I used black.

I am stitching these as individual pieces so they can be made into ornaments for a Halloween tree. When I finished with the witch I started the skeleton. The chart is wrong! The bottom bone starts one space too far down on the stick. DEEP SIGH. I changed my stitching to keep the spacing even. I had stitched the candy corn around the edge of the witch and was going to do that with all the motifs. HA! With the stitch count off, the candy corn won't fit evenly. CRAP! I'm leaving it off. The candy corn doesn't fit evenly around the spider motif either so these both have that in common.

Today I decided to see if Hinzeit had these errors in their corrections section. No, they don't. I debated whether to bother to mention these and decided I would help future stitchers out by letting the designer know. Guess what? No contact info on her website! I've decided to post the errors here. Maybe she'll find them; maybe she won't. I don't care. I will think twice before buying another of her charts. I'll think three times before actually stitching one.

No comments: