Finishes

Friday, July 16, 2010

3.6 Earthquake in Maryland this morning!!!

We don't get earthquakes in Maryland. Having said that in 2008 we had a 2.something and ~1996 we had a 2.something. I didn't feel either of those. Now I can cross this off my bucket list! I also never need to experience it again....ever.

I was dreaming and was incorporating the shaking into my dream until it woke me up. I thought it was the result of a truck going by on the highway. However, I live on a court and there is no highway anywhere nearby. (You can tell I was starting to wake up as the logic kicked in! LOL) I've always heard that animals can sense these things in advance and, with six kitties in the house, you'd think at least ONE of them would've had the decency to indicate impending doom. Nope. Nada. Nothing. Damn cats.

I told my Maine Coon when he finally sauntered by that he's no Lassie! He just blinked at me. :)

My radio alarm goes off just before 6 am. I've been wide awake since 5 am. I'm going to regret missing the hour of sleep later today, for sure.

I'm hoping that any aftershocks are so mild that they aren't felt.

2 comments:

Meadows08 said...

Yikes! I hope there isn't anymore shaking going on!

Tammy said...

That was crazy!