Finishes

Monday, January 18, 2010

Playing catch-up

I was having problems with computer memory for a while, but now that's resolved and I can post pictures again of my stitching!

This is the Shepherd's Bush "A Christmas Pin Cushion" that I finished in December 2009 and will finish as an ornament:
SB Christmas Cheer pin cushion Dec 2009

This was a little kit in the December (?) Cross Stitcher Magazine. Cute as a button!
Cross Stitcher magazine 2009 reindeer kit

Although I started this project YEARS ago, I only completed day one and barely started day two. In December I finished days two through five and started day six.
PS 12 Days partridge PS 12 Days turtle doves

PS 12 Days French hens PS 12 Days calling birds

PS 12 Days golden rings

For my birthday my friend gave me two Blackbird stocking kits I'd not seen before. She had attended a retreat in Virginia Beach this past October and picked them up there. The one on the left is To Light the Way. The one on the right is Sea Side Beauty.

Blackbird Harvest of Friendship To Light the Way Dec 2009 Blackbird Harvest of Friendship Sea Side Beauty Dec 2009

I decided to stitch all of these as one of my stitching goals for 2010. I've been doing well since there's a lot of variety to choose from. I'm trying to mix stitching ones I like a lot with ones I don't care for as much. (I'm not telling which are which!!) :)

I started Auld Lang Syne on January 1, 2010, and finished it on January 2nd. It's from the January book.

Blackbird January Auld Lang Syne Jan 2 2010

Next up was New Arrival from the June book. No babies in my house so the stork has no baby either.

Blackbird June New Arrival Jan 2010

Purple is one of my favorite colors so February's Violet (from the February book) was up next.

Blackbird Feb February's Violet Jan 2 2010

I wasn't sure I liked this one and was not looking forward to stitching the umbrella, but it's much prettier in person and the umbrella wasn't too bad to stitch.

Blackbird  April Showers Jan 2010

I'm currently working on Quaker Fragments from the March book. I like the design, but was a little leery about the colors. Again, this works up much prettier than I thought it would.

Blackbird March Quaker Fragments

No comments: