Finishes

Thursday, February 26, 2009

32 ct Lambswool linen + American Idol

I find it very interesting that everything I was ready to start stitching on this past weekend called for 32 ct Lambswool linen and I HAD NONE!!! How is that so? It seems to me that every time I go to the xs shop I buy a package of this linen. Where is it going? Although I had a similar problem with size 8 knitting needles when I was doing a lot of knitting. Seemed that every project called for size 8 needles and I could never find a pair. I must've bought at least 15 pairs of size 8 knitting needles over the years!

To put an end to this linen dilemma I've ordered a FULL YARD!!! However, I must note for the record that a fat half yard is needed for the Jim Shore 12 Days of Christmas. I plan to make ornaments and to not stitch the gold border as the pattern suggests. Still, with an extra fat half I SHOULD have some on hand the next time I need it. Cross your fingers!!)

Anyone watching American Idol? This change in format where 12 sing, viewers vote and 3 go through to the final 12 is a bit daunting. However, based on last night, it will be easy to pick 3 out of 12 because only 3 will sing even halfway decently. A few made my ears bleed (so to speak). I'll be happy as long as the girl with the ego complex (and horrible laugh) doesn't get through on a wildcard.

No comments: