Finishes

Monday, October 8, 2007

Fun weekend

I went to my first retreat! So much fun. :) After checking in we were handed a quick make-it/take-it project to work on. We found a place at a table with some other ladies and started our project. We thought the boutique was "view", but when we saw people come back to their tables with bags we knew it was "purchase"! Off we went! Good thing we did, too, as there wasn't enough of everything for everyone to take away (could purchase and have it mailed later, which was great!!!). We came back to the welcome project and started on it. Here's a pic from the kit of the front and back of the project and my finished piece:

pic of project Plant Your Needle welcoming project oct 4 2007 My finished Plant Your Needle Welcoming Project

In the stitcher's lounge, I sat next to someone who finished theirs this way. Great idea!

At the boutique, one of the little kits I picked up was this quick stitch:

SB Virginia Beach Sampler
It was nice to get another project finished. I like this "finish a project a day" I was doing. LOL
I'm trying to finish up my car project: a Bent Creek zipper kit of a big Jack O'Lantern and bats. It's going quickly, thank goodness, because I want to start seriously stitching on some of the other retreat pieces. Not the big ones, but the smaller surprise pieces.


No comments: