Finishes

Friday, July 15, 2011

I'm knitting Easter eggs

Why? Don't ask me! :) I saw them the other day in a Spring knitting magazine and I became transfixed. I was headed for Joann Fabric anyway so I picked up some sock yarn (self-striping) and size one dp needles. Yes, that was size ONE double pointed needles. Ick! I think size 8s are tiny! LOL

You cast on 8 stitches, join, then K2,M1 all around to give you 12. I must've ripped out and started over six times before I put pen to paper and drew it out. In my experience K2,M1 means knit two stitches and increase in the next stitch. Apparently they want K2,M1 to mean knit two and in the second stitch increase. Too confusing. I rewrote the pattern for my way of understanding and finished an egg. Too cute and it striped nicely, including a little diagonal striping! The next egg looked a bit skimpy. As I neared the end I counted my stitches and sure enough, I'd missed a major increase row. Since I'm aiming to make a dozen, when I'm done I'll see how I feel about re-doing this one. (Egg from a smaller hen? Could I sell that thought??)

No comments: