Finishes

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Smithsonian Coral Reef project

That's all I'm working on now is the Smithsonian Coral Reef project. This is the community satellite reef I've written about before.

I like to use Red Heart yarn (the Super Saver size is great). So many nice colors and color combinations. I've liked the pink camo color and wished I had a little girl to use the yarn for. Now I've got a piece of coral in it! :) I'm going to bring this piece to the Folklife Festival when I'm demonstrating/teaching crochet at the coral reef table. I don't care how many people handle it; it's acrylic and will wash well!

I'd like to start something while I'm there so I'll probably work on one of the basic hyperbolic planes. At home, I think I'll move on to some of the other coral shapes. I want to make more of a neat-o brain coral. I have one piece done and I think it'll look great in a cluster so I need more.

I think I'll probably get back to stitching in September!

1 comment:

Meadows08 said...

Sounds very complicated and very neat too! I hope you post some pics of your work!