Finishes

Friday, April 9, 2010

Gauge?? Who does a gauge???

Okay, I'll admit it. When I'm making a scarf I don't worry about the gauge. Not an excuse; just the way it is. However, I am very particular that I use the size needle called for in the pattern.......except for the other day. I was going gangbusters on the color-on-color scarf and was about to start the fair isle (section 11). HA! The parts I'd done looked awful! I'd found out when getting ready to bind off section 10 "with the larger needle" (a size 7), that I'D BEEN USING THE SIZE 7 THE WHOLE TIME!!!!!!!!! Drats. So I did what I normally would not do, I started that section over with the size 5's I was supposed to have been using and bound off with the 7's.

I didn't know frogs came this big.

Turned out I made several other "pattern modifications" with the net result that last night I ripped out the whole thing. At least I keep the baggies with the yarn I've used separate from the baggies with the yarn yet to use. I baggied (is that a verb??) everything up and started fresh. Yes, I triple checked that I was using the size 5's. Looks much, much better!
.

No comments: