Finishes

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tunisian crochet

Easy to do....once I figured out what the instructions were trying to say. The cover design for "Interweave Crochet Winter 2009" is drop dead gorgeous! I decided to try out the design with scrap yarn before investing tons of dollars into something I didn't like to do. The triangles that start the piece didn't look anything like the picture on the cover. I know how to do Entrelac when knitting so the basic concept was known to me. I just wasn't getting it. I must have read the instructions 97 times! Finally I tried something a little different, and, voila! It worked!

It worked better than I thought because now instead of doing the ruana, I want to just do a scarf. I'll have more fun and it'll cost considerably less. It also gives me something to look for at the Sheep and Wool Festival on May 1-2.

Instructions for Tunisian crochet and links to sites that sell the special hooks were found here.

No comments: